Investments and Innovations
In accordance with the decision of the Government Commission on High Technology and Innovation dated August 3, 2010, Minutes #4, and Protocol 1 of the Government Commission on High Technology and Innovation dated January 30, 2012, OJSC KAMAZ developed the KAMAZ Innovative Development Program until 2020.
The main goals of the program:
- Improved quality of products featuring high consumer properties (characteristics)
- New capacities and modernized operating capacities to change product mix
- Expanded range of products
- Higher production level
- Price level of KAMAZ vehicles equaling 75% of the price level of “premium” cars
- Margin of at least 20%
- Jobs retained for 40 000 employees
The main objectives of the program are to:
- become a full-fledged participant of the market of long-haul tractor units and high-sided trucks and strengthen positions in the market of tractor units for in-process transportation, light and heavy transport vehicles, as well as in the sector of heavy vehicles;
- keep positions in the heavy-duty sector of the market of chassis and dump trucks to create conditions for the production of special equipment based on these vehicles with a full range of PTOs;
- expand presence in the sector of heavy dump trucks and chassis offering vehicles with an axle load of up to 16 tonnes;
- strengthen positions in the sector of medium-tonnage sided trucks and chassis.